POISE is the quality of being able to adjust rapidly to new people or situations without losing your composure.
I. THE BODY LANGUAGE OF CONFIDENCE
A. VISUAL POISE
1. POSTURE - proper posture makes you look 10 years younger. Hold your head on the level. Sit up straight, but not stiff, on your chair.
2. Stand properly.
3. SITTING – Keep feet and knees together (ladies only)
CROSSING ONE’S LEGS – cross away over making knee joint appear.
4. Walk gracefully. (ladies only) and with bearing (for men)
5. Give a firm handshake to avoid appearing timid.
II. BODY LANGUAGE DON’Ts
1. Constantly fold your arms.
2. Keep one hand on the hips while talking.
3. Scratch scalp or different parts of the body.
4. Bite your lips or fingertips.
5. Chew gums while talking to others.