Proverbs 16: Wisdom Is Better Than Gold (Personalized)

I consider the Lord's will in all my plans,  

    for the last say is all up to Him.


My ways are aligned with the Lord's,

    for He weighs my spirit.



I commit my work to the Lord,

    and my plans are established.


The Lord has made everything for its purpose,

    even the wicked for the day of trouble.


Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the Lord;

    be assured, he will not go unpunished.


By steadfast love and faithfulness, my iniquity is atoned for,

    and by the fear of the Lord I turn away from evil.


When my ways please the Lord,

    he makes even my enemies to be at peace with me.


Better is a little with righteousness

    than great revenues with injustice.


I will not plan on my own, but with God

    for the Lord establishes my steps.


A divine verdict is on the lips of a royalty;

    my mouth should not sin in judgment.


A just balance and scales are the Lord's;

    all the weights in the bag are his work.


It is an abomination to kings to do evil,

    for the throne is established by righteousness.


My righteous lips are the delight of a king,

    and he loves me because I speak what is right.


A king's wrath is a messenger of death,

    I am wise, and I will appease it.


In the light of a king's face there is life,

    and his favor is like the clouds that bring the spring rain.


How much better to get wisdom than gold!

    To get understanding is to be chosen rather than silver.


The highway I tread as an upright turns aside from evil;

    I guard my way and preserve my life.


Pride goes before destruction,

    and a haughty spirit before a fall.


It is better to be of a lowly spirit with the poor

    than to divide the spoil with the proud.


I give thought to the word and discover good,

    am blessed because I trust in the Lord.


My wise heart is discerning,

    and sweetness of my speech increases persuasiveness.


Good sense is a fountain of life to him who has it,

    but the instruction of fools is folly.


The heart of the wise makes his speech judicious

    and adds persuasiveness to his lips.


My gracious words are like a honeycomb,

    sweetness to the soul and health to the body.


There is a way that seems right to a man,

    but its end is the way to death.


A worker's appetite works for him;

    his mouth urges him on.


A worthless man plots evil,

    and his speech is like a scorching fire.


A dishonest man spreads strife,

    and a whisperer separates close friends.


A man of violence entices his neighbor

    and leads him in a way that is not good.


Those who secretly conspire with others plans dishonest things;

    he who purses his lips brings evil to pass.


Gray hair is a crown of glory;

    it is gained in a righteous life.


I am slow to anger and am better than the mighty,

    and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city.


The lot is cast into the lap,

    but its every decision is from the Lord.

Comments

Popular Posts