Proverbs 15:A Soft Answer Turns Away Wrath (Personalized)

My soft answer turns away wrath, 

I will not use harsh word so not to stir up anger.


My wise tongue will use knowledge rightly, 

I am not like that of a fool who pours forth foolishness.


The eyes of the Lord are in every place,

Keeping watch on the evil and the good.


My wholesome tongue is a tree of life,

I will not be perverse for it breaks the spirit.


I will not despise my father’s instruction,

But when I am prudent when I receive correction.


In my righteous house there is much treasure,

But in the revenue of the wicked is trouble.


My wise lips disperse knowledge,

But the heart of the fool does not do so.


The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord,

But my prayer, being upright, is His delight.


The way of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord,

But He loves me who follows His righteousness. 


Harsh discipline is not for me because I do not  forsake the way,

And I love His correction, and will live.


Hell and Destruction are before the Lord;

The Lord sees everything including the hearts of the sons of men.


I am not a scoffer and I love the wise who corrects me.


My merry heart makes my countenance cheerful,

But by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.


My heart has understanding and seeks knowledge,

Unlike the mouth of fools who feeds on foolishness.


All the days of the afflicted are evil,

But I who am of a merry heart has a continual feast.


Better is a little with the fear of the Lord,

Than great treasure with trouble.

 

Better is dinner of herbs where there is love, 

Than a fatted calf with hatred.


A wrathful man stirs up strife,

But I am slow to anger, and allay contention.


The way of the lazy man is like a hedge of thorns,

But because I am upright, my way is a highway.


I am a wise daughter and I makes my father glad,

Not like a foolish one who despises her mother.


Foolishness is joy to one who is nary of discernment,

I walk uprightly as a person who understands.


Without counsel, plans go awry,

But in the multitude of counselors they are established.


I have joy by the answer of my mouth,

And a word spoken in due season, how good it is!


The way of life winds upward for me because I am wise, that I may turn away from hell below.


The Lord will destroy the house of the proud,

But He will establish the house of the humble.


The thoughts of the wicked are an abomination to the Lord,

But the pure words are pleasant.


He who is greedy for gain troubles his own house,

I hate bribes so I will live. 


My righteous heart studies how to answer,

But the mouth of the wicked pours forth evil.


The Lord is far from the wicked,

But He hears my prayer, being righteous.


The light of my eyes rejoices the heart,

And my good report makes the bones healthy.


My ear that hears the rebukes of life

Will abide among the wise.

 

He who distains instruction despises his own soul, 

I heed rebuke and get understanding.


The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom,

And before honor is humility.  

Comments

Popular Posts