Devotional: Proverbs 14 The Ways of Life and Death (Personalized)


I am a wise woman and I build my house, 

not a foolish one who pulls it down with her hands. 

             

I walk in uprightness, in the fear of the Lord. 

I am not perverse in my ways - that despises Him. 

 

I am not a fool with a rod of pride, 

my lips are that of the wise that will preserve me.

 Where no oxen are, the trough is clean;
But much increase comes
when I work hard like an ox. 


I am a faithful witness and will not lie,

I will not be a false witness who utter lies.



 A scoffer seeks wisdom and does not find it,
But knowledge is easy to me who understands.
 Turn away from the presence of a foolish man,
When I do not perceive in him the lips of knowledge.
 I am prudent and wise and understand my way,
But the lack of sense of fools is deceit.

 I am not a fool who mock at sin,
I am upright and there is favor. 

 My heart knows its own bitterness,
And a stranger does not share its joy. Only the Lord truly knows. 
 

The house of the wicked will be overthrown,
But my tent is that of the upright and will flourish.


There is a way that seems right to a man,

But its end is the way of death.


Earthly happiness is temporal,

self-indulgence's end is grief.  (see 1 Tim 5:6)


My heart will not be filled with my own ways,

My satisfaction will that be of the Lord's.

 The simple believes every word,
I am prudent and consider well my steps.

 I am wise and I depart from evil,
I am not a fool who rages and is self-confident.
 I will not be quick-tempered and act foolishly,
I have no wicked intentions and will not be hated.

 The simple inherit foolishness,
I remain prudent and am crowned with knowledge.
 The evil will bow before me because I am good,
And the wicked will be at our gates because I am righteous.

 I am rich and I will not be hated by my own neighbor,
I am rich and I have many friends. 
I will not despise my neighbor, so I will not sin;
But I will show mercy on the poor and I will be happy.

 Do they not go astray who devise evil?
But mercy and truth belong to me who devise good.

 I will labor so there is profit,
I will not take part in idle chatter, it will only lead to poverty. 

 I am wise and my crown are my riches, 

I will not be a fool who has nothing but foolishness.

 I am a true witness who delivers souls,
I will not be a deceitful witness who speaks lies.
 

My strong confidence is in the fear of the Lord. 

And my children have a place of refuge.

 The fear of the Lord is my fountain of life,
and it turns me away from the snares of death.


People are royalty's greatest asset/resource. 

The title of a prince is nothing without a follower.  

I am slow to wrath and have great understanding,

I am not impulsive who exalts folly.

 A sound heart is life to my body,
But envy is rottenness to the bones.

 I do not oppress the poor, this is a reproach to my Maker,
I give Him honor as I show mercy to the needy.
 

The destiny of the wicked is to be banished,
But I am righteous and I will always find refuge in the Lord.

 Wisdom rests in my heart who have understanding,
But what is in the heart of fools is exposed.

 Righteousness exalts a nation,
But sin is a reproach to any people.

 The king’s favor is towards me, His wise servant,
But His wrath is against him who causes shame.

Comments

Popular Posts