Proverbs 4 (Personalized)

 A Father's Wise Instruction


I hear my father's instruction,

    and I am attentive, that I may gain insight,


for He gives me good precepts;

    I do not forsake Your teaching.



When you were a son with your father,

    tender, the only one in the sight of your mother,


he taught me and said,

My heart holds fast to Your words;

    I keep Your commandments, and live.


I get wisdom; I get insight;

    I do not forget, and I do not turn away from the words of Your mouth.


I do not forsake wisdom, and she keeps me;

    I love her, and she guards you.


The beginning of wisdom is this: I get wisdom,

    and whatever I get, I get insight.


I prize her highly, and she will exalt me;

    she will honor me if I embrace her.


She will place on my head a graceful garland;

    she will bestow on me a beautiful crown.”


I hear, and accept Your words,

    that the years of my life may be many.


You have taught me the way of wisdom;

    You have led me in the paths of uprightness.


When I walk, my step will not be hampered,

    and if I run, I will not stumble.


I Keep hold of Your instruction; I do not let go;

    I guard her, for she is my life.


I do not enter the path of the wicked,

    and I do not walk in the way of the evil.


I avoid it; I do not go on it;

    I turn away from it and I pass on.


For they cannot sleep unless they have done wrong;

    they are robbed of sleep unless they have made someone stumble.


For they eat the bread of wickedness

    and drink the wine of violence.


But my righteous path is like the light of dawn,

    which shines brighter and brighter until full day.


The way of the wicked is like deep darkness;

    they do not know over what they stumble.


I am attentive to Your words;

    I incline my ear to Your sayings.


I do not let them escape from my sight;

    I keep them within my heart.


For they are life to those who find them,

    and healing to my flesh.


I keep my heart with all vigilance,

    for from it flow the springs of life.


I put away crooked speech,

    and put devious talk far from me.


I let my eyes look directly forward,

    and my gaze be straight before you.


I ponder the path of my feet;

    then all my ways will be sure.


I do not swerve to the right or to the left;

    I turn my foot away from evil.

Comments

Popular Posts