Proverbs 13 (Personalized)

I hear my Father's instruction,

    but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke.


From the fruit of my mouth I eat what is good,

    but the desire of the treacherous is for violence.


I guard my mouth and preserve my life;

    he who opens wide his lips comes to ruin.


The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing,

    while my diligent soul is richly supplied.


I am righteous and hate falsehood,

    but the wicked brings shame and disgrace.


Righteousness guards me, my way is blameless,

    but sin overthrows the wicked.


One pretends to be rich, yet has nothing;

    another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth.


The ransom of a man's life is his wealth,

    but a poor man hears no threat.


The light of the righteous rejoices,

    but the lamp of the wicked will be put out.


By insolence comes nothing but strife,

    but with those who take advice is wisdom.


Wealth gained hastily will dwindle,

    but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.


Hope deferred makes the heart sick,

    but a desire fulfilled is a tree of life.


Whoever despises the word brings destruction on himself,

    but I revere the commandment and will be rewarded.


The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life,

    that one may turn away from the snares of death.


I have good sense and I win favor,

    but the way of the treacherous is their ruin.


I am prudent and I act with knowledge,

    but a fool flaunts his folly.


A wicked messenger falls into trouble,

    but I am a faithful envoy and I bring healing.


Poverty and disgrace come to him who ignores instruction,

    but I heed reproof and am honored.


A desire fulfilled is sweet to the soul,

    but to turn away from evil is an abomination to fools.


Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise,

    but the companion of fools will suffer harm.


Disaster pursues sinners,

    but the righteous are rewarded with good.


I leave an inheritance to my children's children,

    but the sinner's wealth is laid up for the righteous.


The fallow ground of the poor would yield much food,

    but it is swept away through injustice.


Whoever spares the rod hates his son,

    but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him.


I am righteous and have enough to satisfy my appetite,

    but the belly of the wicked suffers want.

Comments

Popular Posts